Saturday, December 13, 2008

4 months!

I finally have a working computer again, so I can update the blog! After the personal computer got a virus, the work one did too, so I've been without a working computer for the past few weeks. So I had to reinstall my whole computer, and lost everything on it. Thankfully the baby pics had all been saved on a disk. But now it works again, so I'm happy!

Claire is 4 months old today! She went to the doctor yesterday and had her 4 month checkup and shots. The shots weren't great, but they weren't too bad, she just cried for a minute or two. She did give me and the nurse that gave the shots a "I hate you people" look. But I guess I would too if I had just gotten 4 shots. She has a little bit of a cold, and a crusty nose, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much. The doctor said that we can start her on rice cereal any time we want, so we'll see what she thinks about that! Might have to get her a highchair soon.... Her new stats are below:
Birth:
Weight-- 5lb 14oz
Length-- 19"
Head Circumference-- not really sure, but I think it was about 14.5" or so?
2 months:
Weight-- 9lb 4oz (10th percentile)
Length-- 22" (50th percentile)
Head Circumference-- 15.25"
4 months:
Weight-- 11lb 9oz (10-15th percentile)
Length-- 24.5" (50th percentile)
Head Circumference-- 16"

We (I) finally bit the bullet and moved Claire into her own room. She has been sleeping in a bassinette in our room since she was born, and it was super convenient when she would wake up during the night to just be able to take care of her without getting out of bed. Especially once she quit sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. But it was time to get her used to sleeping in her crib, and she's been a champ at it! She's slept completely though the night without waking up for the last 4 nights. Or if she's woken up, she hasn't made any noises and I haven't heard her on the monitor. And I'm a light sleeper now that she's in her own room :) Mommy worries....

We're getting really excited about Christmas, somehow it's a lot more fun with a baby around. She sat and watched us decorate the tree, and we helped her put on her "baby's 1st Christmas" ornament. She loves looking at the lights on the tree. I've been singing her Christmas songs too, and she seems to like that. Or maybe she's just humoring me, since I can't sing at all. We're also excited to have both of our families coming here for Christmas, it's a lot of work, but we like having everyone together at our house. Gotta go grocery shopping for Christmas Eve dinner this week!

Here are some random pics from the last few months, since I can finally post pictures again!
Looking cute in my little hoodie!
Baby's First Halloween
Claire with "her" Christmas trees
Looking at the tree

No comments: