Friday, September 4, 2009

Claire is ONE!!

Okay, well, Claire turned 1 two weeks ago, but I just haven't updated. Her one year checkup was great, she is up to 17lb 9oz (10th percentile, whoo hoo!). Her doctor was thrilled with her weight gain. She started army crawling a few weeks ago, and today actually did two steps (?) of hands-and-knees crawling. We expect her to be a pretty late walker, but that's okay by me! At least she's still light enough to carry everywhere! She has started climbing all over everything.

We didn't really do a "party" for her birthday, just her grandparents, aunts, and great grandma. She LOVED her cake, and tore into it, after mommy helped her get started. A bath was definitely in order when she was done. She got cute clothes, some fun toys, tons of books, and a few dvd's of her favorite shows.

What else....
-Aaron and I had our 3rd anniversary on August 17th, and went to Longhorn for dinner. Claire loves their mashed potatoes as much as I do!!
-Aaron had ACL surgery 2 weeks ago, and is recovering. It was pretty rough for the first few days, and it's a good thing that we sent Claire up to Nana and Grandpa's, because I would have gone out of my mind trying to take care of both of my babies.
-Claire is "talking" a lot more lately, and actually does have quite a few real words... mama, dada, nana, duck, quack, bye bye, doggie (although it sounds like o-dee), cracker, and a few others that I can't remember right now.
-Football season starts tomorrow! Aaron, as always, is super excited. I'm excited, but not anywhere near the level he's at. But Claire will get to wear her Georgia dress to our friends house to watch the game.
-Claire has her 3rd tooth, up on top, and it is HUGE!! It looks like she skipped the baby tooth, and just went straight to the adult tooth! I think she's in the process of getting her other top front tooth, so hopefully once that is in, the other one won't look so big.

In my "big" news, I am now 1 year into my remission. Not everyone knows this, because I didn't share the store with many people, but when I had my c-section and had Claire, my doctor discovered that hiding behind the cyst that I knew I had was an ovarian tumor. It was removed (the whole ovary) and when the pathology was run on it, the doctor discovered that it was in fact a malignant (cancerous) tumor. I've been seeing an oncologist every three months, and have always been considered a "no evidence of disease" patient. Basically, when they removed the tumor, they basically removed all chance that it would come back. But I have to go to the oncologist for 5 years before it's considered "cured". I actually go back to the doctor on Tuesday for my official 1 year checkup, but expect everything to remain totally normal. According to the doctor, 1 year is a big deal. So yay me.

Now, here are some pictures!
Official 1 year old picture

In her pink tutu
Hee hee, here's my butt!
UGA tutu
In her Georgia dressHer giraffe cake (she loves her giraffe lovey)
Wondering why everyone is singing to her
At the beginning of her cake

And the finished product!

1 comment:

LCM said...

Happy birthday to such a cutie! She is so precious! I love the pic of her and her cake...i mean icing :-) I know Abby's will come way too soon! Thank you for sharing your story...our bodies are incredible and do amazing things and I am so glad you are in remission. I will keep ya'll in my prayers! WDE and hope ya'll have a great day of foosball tommorow!