Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Halfway done!

Today is the halfway mark, baby Claire will be here in another 20 weeks! It seems like it hasn't been that long, and now I'm torn between wanting her to hurry up and get here so I can see her, and wanting it to take 9 more months because I have so much more to do!

This is Claire's week of 10's... she's 10 ounces, and 10 inches long now! (aparently they start measuring with the legs included at 10 weeks, that's the reason for the huge growth spurt). She is swallowing now, getting practice to start breathing, and is making poop, although it won't come out until after she's born....Daddy gets that first diaper! Her teeth are forming in her gums, baby and adult teeth, and her eyes can move back and forth, and can roll in circles....that will come in handy in about 13 years. Or when she's two, if she's anything like her mother. She's also learning to tell the difference between day and night, so hopefully she'll keep the kicking down during the nights. The belly is getting bigger every day, it feels like the inside is growing faster than the outside can keep up with...a little uncomfortable sometimes!!

I've been able to feel her move a few times every day, and she tried to kick Lucy the other day, but Lucy jumped on her first, so I guess I can't blame her. Daddy still can't feel her, but maybe sometime soon. We're in the process of trying to pick out material for her bedding, which my mom is going to make. In a moment of impulsiveness, I picked out a whole new set of bedroom furniture for her, had to change around the Babies R Us registry a little bit! This weekend we have Becky and Charlie's baby shower up in Chattanooga, so I'm excited about that, can't wait to see Bec's belly!

No comments: