Friday, February 19, 2010

Busy Busy!

It's been a busy few weeks in the Parker house! Aaron and I have been working hard, and Claire has been playing hard. We took a family trip to New York with my mom at the end of January. We spent two fun days in New York City, enjoying the sights and the energy. Our hotel was smack dab in the middle of Times Square, on the 40th floor, so we had a great view of everything below, but were definitely high enough up to avoid the noise at night. Claire spent a lot of time with my mom while Aaron and I got out and saw the city. We went to the Empire State Building, had dinner overlooking Central Park with my cousin-in-law Kelsey and her adorable daughter Daphne (the ultimate NYC child, she's two and can hail a cab), and went to the Museum of Natural History. And I did make sure that we rode the subway, one of my "must-do's" for NYC. It was everything I ever imagined :) I also got to meet my friend Claudia in person for the first time, which was a lot of fun. After leaving NYC, we spent two days out on Long Island, staying with my grandma. Claire got to meet some of her great aunts and uncles, and had a great time watching the birdies with her GiGi (great grandma). She's a bit obsessed with birdies now. It was a great trip, and we can't wait to take her back up there again, when it's warm!!

I've been busy starting my new business, an Etsy store called Heritage Park Kids. If you've never heard of Etsy, it's a place to buy and sell all things handmade. (their tagline, not mine) I'm selling gifts and clothes for babies and kids. I've only listed a few things, but I'm always working on more, so check back often!! The link is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/heritageparkkids. I'm working on a Facebook fan page (that I will likely ask you to become a fan of) and a store blog. I decided to start it after getting quite a few compliments on the clothes that I've made for Claire. I'm hoping that people will like them enough to buy them!

Claire enjoyed her first real snowfall (the Blizzard of 2010) last weekend. She had a good time looking at the snow, and being held in the snow, but not such a great time walking in the snow, and definitely not a good time making a tiny baby snow angel. (I may or may not have forced her to do that) Unfortunately the snow was all gone by Sunday, and it's back up to 60 degrees this weekend. I'm not complaining about that, I'm kind of over the cold right now!

Claire's first plane ride!

Rockefeller Plaza

4 generations

Enjoying the snow!

Tiny baby snow angel

No comments: