Monday, May 5, 2008

25 weeks and 5 days... surprise hospital visit!

So, after not drinking enough water and getting a bit dehydrated, I managed to land myself in the hospital for a few hours last night. Severe stomach cramping and dizziness... I decided that laying on the couch was not helping at all, and finally decided that it was better to be safe than sorry, so we made a little trip to the hospital. I got an IV drip and a shot to make me stop contracting, and then was sent on my way with instructions to KEEP DRINKING WATER!! Aaron took very good care of me since I could hardly walk, much less do anything else. I'm feeling better today, but still not 100%, still very sore, but it's getting better as the day goes on. The baby was in good shape the whole time, good heart rate, and she was kicking the monitor like crazy, which didn't really help mommy's aching insides, but good to know that she was still frisky!

I went for my 3-hour diabetes test this morning, and should have the results of that this week. For any of you that haven't had to take it, it's much worse than the 1-hour test, the drink is a lot stronger and since you don't have anything in your body, it takes a much bigger toll on your stomach, it made me want to puke. But now I'm home for the day, drinking my fluids, eating healthy, and enjoying the fact that I can do my job from home just as well as I can from work... if only the bosses would realize that and let me work from home after the baby! 26 weeks tomorrow!

No comments: