Tuesday, May 27, 2008

29 weeks!

We're 29 weeks today, only 11 left to go! Baby Claire is getting bigger every day, she's about 2-2.5 lbs now, according to babycenter.com, and probably about 15 inches long. We had an ultrasound last week, and all looks good, she's measuring right on track, and from the profile shot, it looks like she's going to have my nose (thank god). She's busy putting on weight and getting bigger, which is pretty much all she'll be doing for the next 11 weeks, since she's pretty much finished with developing all her organs and body parts.

Last week I went to Alabama to visit Becky and baby Charlie (Claire's future husband). Charlie is pretty adorable, and has the funniest "serious face". We went out to lunch, and he was so good, slept the whole time. Hope mine is as well behaved! Right now she's just a little crazy, I'm not exactly sure what's she's doing in there, but it feels like some major construction, she moves around all the time, and I'm pretty sure she has a foot hooked around the bottom of my ribs to make it easier to kick me in the stomach and lungs. It's a little uncomfortable, but it does mean she's in the head-down position, so she's getting ready for the trip out.

This weekend Aaron and I finished up the touch-ups on the paint in the nursery and put together the furniture that we already have, the dresser, blanket chest, and crib. We started putting away some of her clothes, now we just need to get the rocker and a changing table and the mattress and we'll have a pretty complete nursery. My mom is making the bedding, and it's almost done, we'll get to see it this weekend when she comes down for the shower that Aaron's aunt and cousins are throwing for me, can't wait for that!!

I've got another doctor's appointment on Tuesday, which should be nothing exciting, just checking her heart rate, my weight (only 3 lbs heavier than where I started!) and measuring how she's growing.

No comments: