Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Second Trimester!!

Yay, my second trimester starts today! I woke up this morning feeling great (100% psychological, I know) Hopefully the morning sickness will taper off now, that would be great!! I'm getting fatter every day, most of my pants don't fit anymore, so it's about time to start buying the maternity pants. And maybe one of those shirts that says "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant"...

Baby Parker is about 3.5-4 inches long now, about the size of a lemon. It can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck its thumb. And the best part, in two weeks and two days, (Feb 28th) we get to find out what "it" is, so we can stop calling the baby "it"!! We're very excited, and then we can start to register for the fun stuff, instead of just the basics... that will be a relief, since Babies 'R Us is NOT FUN at all right now (as we found out this past weekend). As with all of our other decisions, we can't agree on how we want to decorate... eventually we'll come to a decision we can both agree on, but not yet. Other than that, not much going on, we're both busy with work and getting ready planning for the baby. It's kind of all I can think about! Love to everyone!!

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

Congratulations on entering the 2nd trimester! I hope, too, that the morning sickness tapers off. Two more weeks to find out what the sex is?! How very exciting!

About the maternity clothes...try to get by with stretchy clothes like yoga pants, etc. for as long as possible. You don't want to have to purchase two maternity wardrobes. In my experience the maternity clothes that fit in the beginning don't in the last two or three months. But I guess that could be b/c of where I gain my weight...tushie area;) Plus, it won't be cold for much longer...like you haven't already thought about this...and the most comfortable maternity clothes in the world are dresses:) Oh yeah - when my clothes stopped fitting I went to the thrift store and bought couple sizes larger than normal and that got me by until the baby bump starts showing more.

We are so excited for you guys...and we need to get together very soon!!! We'd love to do dinner or something if you guys are open. It would be fun to get together while Gary and Michelle are still here...

Oh yeah (sorry to ramble so...) I meant to tell you about thebargainwatcher.com. It lists all of the consignment sales coming up....which are all starting for spring in summer...and if you haven't heard about this its an absolute must! This is where I get 90% of Laura Lee's clothes. The All4kids sale starts this Thursday, but since you won't know what you're having for another couple of weeks this won't help much! Anyway, there will be plenty in March for you to rake up on some killer deals!

Sorry for the long post...I just haven't talked to you in forever (and the coffee is kicking in a bit;). Take care!!!!