Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 doctors appointments this week

Finally, something interesting to talk about... 2 doctors appointments this week, one regular appointment, and yet another ultrasound (not that I'm complaining). The first doctor's appointment went well, I gained another 2 lbs (yuck), the baby's heartrate is good, and very active. Very. I'm barely dilated, maybe a 1/2 cm, nothing really even worth considering dilated, which kind of pissed me off, but oh well, I do still have a few more weeks to go. I decided to start walking to help move her into position, and to get a bit of exercise, not getting enough of that lately, so I went walking last night, and can tell that just from one night she's shifted into a better position, a little farther down, although that's a little uncomfortable too. But the farther she can get from my ribs the better, that hurts to be kicked in the ribs all day long!

Today was my ultrasound, and that was good too. The tech confirmed that she's defintely head-down (way down, in her words), and took some measurements, so it looks like we're having an average sized baby, with an normal sized head, thank god, not the Murrin head. She should be around 7lb or so when she's born, so she'll fit in all the little clothes she has! After my doctor's appointment I had a surprise baby shower at work. Lots of cute stuff, and then a few people went in together and bought our rocker, which is awesome, that finishes off the nursery, so I was super excited about that! Now all we have to do is hang the curtains and some decorations and it will be all ready for her to get here! Can't wait, I'm getting very impatient, and have another friend that's about to have her baby, which makes me a little more impatient every time that happens. Oh well, she'll be here soon enough, less than 4 weeks now, maybe sooner (hopefully sooner!) Off to bed now, inventory starts tomorrow, so we'll be putting in a few ridiculous hours at work, but at least it gives me something to do!

No comments: