Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Naughty Baby...

So, Baby Claire is already a bad girl. She's been hanging out, head stuck in my pelvis since about 24 weeks, and this morning decided to turn herself transverse again. And not just transverse, but a breech version of transverse. Basically, this means that her head is now up under my ribs on the right side, and her butt is kind of under my stomach. So, sideways, but also with the bottom toward the bottom. I felt her do a huge somersault this morning, but didn't think she'd still have enough room in there to do a complete flip, I figured she was just turning from her front over to her back, but I was pretty wrong. My blood pressure is also starting to creep up, and I have group B strep. For everything that had been going right for so long, now we're pretty much heading in the opposite direction.

Now I go back to the doctor on Friday, for yet another ultrasound so they can try to figure out if they will be able to try turn her around from the outside, or if we need to look back at the c-section idea again. If they do decide to do a c-section, we'll probably have a baby next week, the doctor said today they would do it around 38-38.5 weeks, so that's next week. We'll know more on Friday. Her dad and I may have to have a little talk with her tonight about appropriate behavior and doing what your mom and dad want.... maybe that will turn her back around. Or maybe she'll realize that it can't be any more comfortable for her to have her head in my ribs than it is for me.

I'm going to go make cookies now, and eat away my stresses about not wanting to have a c-section. Wish me luck! I'll post pics later of her bedroom, now that we've got it finished!

No comments: