Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another day of frustration...

Went back to the doctor today for my 38 week checkup.... I was hoping to get my membranes stripped to get this baby moving, but no such luck, I was still only dialated to a 1, and about 50% effaced, so they couldn't get in there to strip my membranes. The midwife also said that based on the way my belly looked, that this wasn't a small baby, which the ultrasound that I had 2 weeks ago said that she was measuring a little small, but nothing to worry about. So between the membrane thing and being told that the baby was bigger than what I was planning, I was pretty pissed by the time I left the doctor. But from what I've been told, I could still go into labor at any time, or my water could break, so I'm trying to just be patient, and wait it out. I have to go back to the doctor on Friday because my blood pressure was a little high, and I keep getting headaches, so maybe by Friday I'll be ready to get my membranes done.

Exciting news from Aaron's life... his new Bowflex came today, so we spent most of the night putting that together. What would he do without me and my mad furniture building skills?? He sure wouldn't have a new bowflex all put together to use! But I can't complain, it will help me get back into shape after baby gets here without having to go to the gym, so that's nice.

I know I promised belly/nursery pics, and I actually have taken them, now I just need to find the cord to connect my camera to the computer...Soon, soon.

No comments: