Saturday, July 26, 2008

Now accepting scholarship offers...

We're pretty sure this kid is going to be a gymnast, so we're open to scholarship offers to Div I schools starting today. Baby Claire has flipped back around to the head-down position, as of yesterday, so we're just waiting now for nature to take it's very slow course. The doctor said yesterday that I'm dialated to 1cm, and 50 % effaced, which is better than last week, but still slow progress, at least to me. I'm ready for her to be here! So today I start the walking today, and anything else I can do to speed up the process, suggestions welcome!! I did have a few contractions yesterday after my appointment, which is normal from them messing around with my business, but nothing that was regular or really even painful. It looks like they probably will be able to strip my membranes at my appointment next week so hopefully that will help too! Also, they could tell from the ultrasound that the kid already has a bunch of hair... we'll see if it's a 'fro like I had when I was little, or if she'll look normal. (Sorry mom and dad, that probably wasn't my best look!)

On a random side note, I managed to accidentally test what would happen if my water broke in bed, no worries about the new mattress. I was drinking from a waterbottle in bed last night and dropped in and spilled the whole thing all over the bed/pillow/myself, and in the two or three minutes that it took me to change my shirt, grab a towel and try to soak up some of the puddle, the water still hadn't soaked through to the mattress level. So that's good, now just have to put some towels in the car to sit on so I don't have to worry about ruining those seats. Oh the stupid things you have to worry about when you're pregnant.

And finally, last night was the GA Edge's first softball tournament, that's Aaron's new softball team. They actually did a lot better than I thought they would. I know, not very optimistic sounding, but based on their tournaments with the old team I didn't have a lot of reason for optimism. But anyway, they won 2 games and lost 2 (double-elimination tournament) and wound up coming in 5th. Rachel and I also learned that we have a long way to go to be "great softball wives/girlfriends" like the other girls at the field. Sorry guys, that we don't memorize your stats or keep track of your home runs....

I'll keep updating the baby progress!

No comments: