Tuesday, August 12, 2008

6lb 6oz!

That's what the doctor last night put in as her guess on the baby's weight, but she's still not here yet to compare.

We got to the hospital last night at around 9:30, and they called us upstairs a few minutes after 10. The midwife on duty was one of the midwives that I see in the office pretty frequently, so it was nice to see a familiar face, since I had been freaking out a bit. My nurse was really nice, even though she couldn't get my IV in. I have thin, rolling veins. She had to get another nurse to come in an get my IV set .... it took her 2 tries too, so I look like I have track marks on my arms. I got the cervadil at about 11:30, and an ambien to help me sleep. Woke up around 6 am to have the cervadil removed, took a shower, and was started on the Pitocin about 6:30. I've been on it almost 4 hours now, and am having contractions about every 2-3 minutes, although not particularly painful. I'm guessing they'll check me in a little while to see if I've made any progress, until then just hanging out in my rocking chair making gravity do it's job. I'll keep updating!

No comments: