Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ah, home at last!

We're finally home with baby, so nice to be here and living our normal life with baby. We had visitors today, Becky, Josh, and Charlie came to visit from Alabama, and John, Leslie, Jimmy, Heidi, and Tripp came over too. It's only been a month and a half since we saw Beck, Josh, and Charlie last, but Charlie has gotten so big!! Can't believe he's double Claire's size! We hung out for a few hours and had lunch, it's nice to hang around with other new first-time parents that know exactly what we're going through right now.

In other exciting (for me) news, I weighed myself this morning to see where I was at, and I'm actually 1.5 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm very excited, but still have a long way to go in terms of weight I need to lose and toning up the tummy. Guess that will have to wait a little while, c-section is still a little bit sore, and I'm on excercise restriction right now, so my weight loss is all from breastfeeding for the next few weeks. I go back to the doctor this week, so they can give me all the "rules and regulations" for the next few weeks.... it's hard to follow the rule of not lifting anything heavier than baby when baby is only a 5 pounder. We also have to go visit the lactation consultant tomorrow for some breastfeeding advice, and will be going to the pediatrician for the first time on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully Claire hasn't lost any more weight, we've been supplementing her feedings, and she seems to be eating better, so I'm not very worried, she seems to be doing well. Lots of pee (yep, little things excite me now)

Congratulations are in order...
*Aaron's 30th birthday is today
*Kate and Chris, who got married yesterday, can't wait to see the pictures
*Sarah and Jason who got engaged last week

Some pics from Becky and Josh's visit...

Becky and I with each other's kids

Claire sucking on Charlie's elbow (true love)


Charlie with his arm around Claire (so cute, would have been better if they weren't crying!)


No comments: