Thursday, August 7, 2008

News!

So, nothing really happened on Tuesday, the doctor called back Tuesday evening and said that the OB surgeon had decided I wasn't "a good enough candidate for c-section", so they were just going to see me in the office again on Thursday.

I went back to the doctor today, and surprise surprise, the blood pressure was still up! On the plus side, baby has dropped lower and seems to be locked into place. I was measuring a lot smaller than I had been on Tuesday, she said that was a good sign that the baby had dropped pretty well. So anyway, after I told them that my headaches were not going away, I was still seeing spots, etc, they decided to send me into triage at the hospital and let them montior my blood pressure for a few hours and then decide what to do with me. Typical to everyone else, they monitored me for a few hours, then decided to send me home. But they did decide that they will be inducing me Monday night, so baby Claire will be here on Tuesday! I'm going in Monday night at 9:30 and they'll start the induction at 10, and she should be here sometime on Tuesday. It's exciting to finally know something, and to see an end to the high blood pressure and the headaches that come with it.... to be followed by headaches from the baby! I am also going back to the doctor tomorrow (yep, again, I live there) and if the headaches/blurry vision/swelling gets worse over the weekend, I'm under strict orders to return to the hospital.

So I'm excited, and will try keep up (or teach Aaron how to use) the blog so you can keep up to date while were in the hospital. I'll be your own personal "Truman Show", like Becky was for me! And I'll do better to post some pictures of her than I did of my fat belly!

No comments: