Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 3... I heart Ambien

Technically on my third day in the hospital now. Through the wonders of Ambien, I slept pretty much from 8pm until 6am, with just a little wakeup at midnight. Not too bad. I'm resting right now, 2nd round of cervadil is done, so hopefully that helped. Pitocin starts again as soon as the nurse comes in, and some more sugar water, which is about the only think I'm eating these days...

I've been told that treatment today gets "a lot more aggressive"... higher pitocin levels earlier, breaking my water, and helping to get rid of scar tissue from a surgery I had 4 years ago that is probably a big part of the reason I'm not dilating as fast as I should. So maybe once they get that cleared out I'll just go from a 1-10 right away! Right....

Okay, pitocin is in, let's get this show on the road!!

No comments: